The National Housing Trust (NHT) Inner City Housing Project (ICHP) is a part of the Government of Jamaica’s larger Urban Renewal Programme.
We are the financier of the project and maintain overall responsibility for the comprehensive planning and administration of all aspects of the project (click here for more information on the Technical aspects).
The ICHP was aimed at constructing a total of 5,000 units in degraded urban communities over a period of 4 years (2004 - 2008). The projects include both social and technical development and targets communities such as Denham Town, Bushy Park, Falmouth Gardens, Providence Heights, Claremont Heights and many others.
The Project addresses the following aspects of development:
- Construction of new housing units
- Construction of related physical infrastructure
- Construction of related social infrastructure
- Refurbishment and upgrading of existing housing units
- Social development programmes for affected community residents