The National Housing Trust, NHT wishes to advise customers that starting January 2023, the NHT will begin accepting applications for a refund of contributions made in 2015. Eligible contributors are being reminded that applications for contribution refund MUST be made online. Customers may apply for their refund via our website; www.nht.gov.jm, and also via our mobile app, ‘NHT Online’, which is available in both the Google Play Store and the App Store (for iOS users).
In addition, the NHT will extend the cash refund granted to eligible public-sector workers for the upcoming year, 2023.
Customers are also being reminded to be on the lookout for scams during this period from individuals purporting to be representatives of the NHT. The NHT has observed an increase in fictitious communication asking individuals to provide payment or bank account information to access some NHT services. These are not affiliated with the NHT.
Some important tips to keep your account and information safe include:
- Always use the NHT mobile app or the official NHT website when making an application.
- Be wary of messages with false urgency seeking to persuade immediate action.
- Check the URL for website links and email addresses of all communication received before responding or taking action.
- The NHT will never ask you to provide payment information via links in emails. All payment information is collected through the application portal on the website and the mobile app at the time of application.
- If you receive correspondence you think may not be from the NHT, please report it.
Applicants making queries may contact NHT’s customer service representatives via the ‘webchat’ feature on the NHT’s website. Applicants may also engage NHT representatives via social media channels; via email at email@example.com or through calling the customer contact centre at 876-929-6500 or 888-225-5648.