- Visit the Tax Administration of Jamaica website at www.jamaicatax.gov.jm
Select forms from the menu near the top of the page – just below the logo
Scroll down to TRN in the drop down menu
Select and download Form 1:
Application For Taxpayer Registration Number (Individuals).
- Complete, sign and mail the form with a notarised copy of your ID to:
Taxpayer Registration Centre
Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ)
12 Ocean Boulevard
For information on the types of ID accepted, please see the TRN Frequently Asked Questions.
TRN Frequently Asked Questions
Q Do I need to pay a fee when applying for a TRN?
A No, there is no fee involved in obtaining a TRN.
Q Is there an age limit for an individual applying for a TRN?
A No, there is no age limit for a TRN. However, applications for children under the age of 18 years must be signed by a parent or Guardian.
Q Can someone who is not a Jamaican national or non-resident apply for a TRN?
A Yes, anyone can apply for a TRN.
Q If someone is overseas, can I apply for a TRN for him or her?
A No, the person can download the application from the website and have it completed, signed and mailed to us (at the address in step 2 above) with a notarised copy of their ID.
Q What forms of Identification may I use?
A You may use notarised copies of your passport of whatever nationality or your driver’s licence
- Once a TRN has been assigned, the number will be e-mailed to you and a card will be sent by regular mail to your overseas address.
- The copy of your passport or driver’s licence must include your first and last name, date of birth, photograph and signature.
- If an agent is appointed to collect the TRN card on your behalf, write and send a letter authorising the individual to collect.
- If the passport or driver’s licence is not in English, an official translated version is also required to be included in your application package.
- The signature on your application form must match the one on your ID.