Regular Contribution Refunds

A Contributor may apply for a “Regular” Contributions Refund once the NHT starts accepting applications for a refund of contributions made during that year. Contributions made are held for a period of seven years and become eligible for refund in the eight year.  The application for the refund can be submitted any time after the contributions become available for refund. 

“Regular” Contribution Refunds are issued to Self-Employed persons, Employees or Voluntary Contributors, but not Employers.

When applying you will need to have:

  • Your TRN
  • Your NIS Number
    Occasionally, there are instances where multiple persons may have been assigned the same NIS number, or where one person may have multiple NIS numbers.  In such instances, we advise you to ask the NIS office for a verification letter, which will indicate the correct number to be used.
  • Your personal contact information
  • Please ensure to provide as much reliable contact information (including your e-mail address) as possible so that we can get in touch with you if we have any queries regarding your application.
  • A valid (non-expired) Photo ID such as a Driver’s Licence, Passport or Voter’s ID.
  • The registered names of the company/companies with which you worked during the year/years for which you are applying for a refund.
  • You will also need to know the year(s) that you worked at each company. This means that if you are applying for a Refund for your contributions paid to the NHT in the year 2000, you will need to know the registered name of the company or companies with which you worked in the year 2000.  One of the best ways to confirm the registered name of the company is to refer to your pay slip.
  • Your banking information (if you select to receive your refund via your bank).
    Please ensure that you enter the correct bank account number and branch (the branch where the account was opened).  Also, ensure that your bank account is not dormant and that the name on the account matches the name in your application.

“Regular” Contributions Refunds will only be paid to the name of the Contributor.  If your name has been changed you will need to provide proof of the change of name.