An eligibility letter is a letter that we prepare and issue for applicants in either of two instances:
- For the Joint Financed Mortgage Programme (JFMP).
- For confirmation of loan limit
Joint Financed Mortgage Programme (JFMP)
Under the JFMP, applicants access a mortgage loan through another institution. All the relevant documents are processed by that institution and forwarded to our Loans Department after which the Eligibility Letter is prepared. Once the documentation is complete, this eligibility letter is provided within 24 hours of receipt of the request and carries an expiration date of 6 months.
Confirmation of loan limit
An eligibility letter can also be provided at our office for applicants requesting information to confirm their loan limit. Once all the required documents are provided, this eligibility letter is provided on the same day, at the same time and carries an expiration date of 6 months.
The eligibility letter may be requested at the Customer Service Unit or the Mortgage Information Unit at any of our Branches.
You will need to provide the following:
- NIS Card for the applicant
- TRN Card for the applicant
- Pay slips for the last 3 months
- Valid identification (up-to-date passport, national voters ID or driver’s licence).
If there are discrepancies that cannot be addressed based on information provided on the pay slips, we are requesting that the following document be presented:
- Verification of Gross Income and Contributions letter from present and past employers
Please note that an eligibility letter is not required for schemes being offered by the National Housing Trust.