Properties listed for sale by Private Treaty were previously listed for sale by public auction but were not sold. You are required to view the properties and make offers to purchase directly from the NHT. Before making an offer, we recommend that you:
- Read our Terms and Conditions
- Read on How to Bid
- Read Your Questions Answered
- Visit the Property to make a proper assessment of its location, value and condition. If the premises are still occupied, you may not be allowed to enter for an inside view.
- Make an Offer: The NHT has a duty to sell the property at a price that is considered reasonable in the marketplace. Applicants are invited to make a bid on the properties using a bid letter
- Plan Your Deposit: Make sure you know how and where the money will come from to buy the property. When submitting your bid letter to the NHT, you must also provide signed and stamped documentary evidence of the source of funds. The evidence must not be older than six (6) months.
Please read our Q&A on Private Treaty and watch our videos below before submitting a bid.