Before applying for the Open Market Loan, you should ensure that you meet the minimum requirements. To know if you meet the minimum requirements you should answer the following questions at the time of your application:
- Have you identified the house that you wish to buy?
- Have you agreed on a price with the seller and drawn up a formal sale agreement?
- Is the Registered Certificate of Title for the property available?
- Have you made at least a 5 percent deposit on the property? (contact us to find out more about pre-qualification.)
- Do you earn an income that allows you to repay the loan? (click here to check with our Mortgage Calculator)
- Are you now contributing to the NHT?
- Have you made at least 52 weekly contributions, 13 of which were made during the last 26 weeks?
- Are you able to account for your contributions and have paid up, with interest, any outstanding contributions due in the last 3 years?
- Are you between the age of 18 and 65 years?
If you answer ‘Yes’ to all of the questions above then you would have met the minimum requirements for applying. You should then contact your NHT Office for a list of the documents that you will need for your loan interview.
Once you have all the required documents and information you should call and schedule an appointment with us for your loan interview.
You must have present at the interview the Deposit Receipt, Sales Agreement, a copy of the Registered Title, the Surveyor’s Identification Report and the Valuation Report. Please note that the NHT will not award and Open Market Loan for a property with a Common Law Title or an FTA Title (these are unregistered titles).